Hue had been the capital city of Vietnam for approximately 150 years during the Nguyen Dynasty – the last royal dynasty of Vietnam.
The city has a complex of construction which presents the power of The Nguyen Dynasty and its own beautiful hundred years old landscapes, including Hue Citadel, Nguyen King’s Tombs, pagodas, Thanh Toan Bridge, Vong Canh Hill, Garden Houses…which have still been well-preserved up to now. This complex of monuments has been recognized as the World Heritage Site by UNESCO and attracts a large number of tourists every year with its great historic values, culture and architecture. Unlike other tourist cities, Hue is more quiet and tranquil with romantic scenery that comes into many poems and songs. If you are a historic lover, Hue is definitely a must-visit city in your travel list.
There are many ways to travel from Hoi An to Hue but traveling by BNT Travel Private Cars will make your trip more comfortable as well as having time to visit some interesting sites on the way.
Hai Van Pass
One of the best sites to Hue from Hoi An is going over Hai Van Pass, you will be amazed with the majestic view of the mountains and the sea. Locating 500m above the sea level makes Hai Van become the highest pass in Vietnam.On nice weather days, from the top of Hai Van Pass, you can enjoy the whole view of Da Nang city, Son Tra Peninsula, Lang Co beach, Chan May Port…that may take your breath away. On the top of the pass, there are still many historic relics remaining till today, the old watch-tower, bullet holes in the wall showing a difficult period of time during the war here. You will maybe spend one hour on Hai Van pass and then stop at Lang Co beach located right on the foot of the Pass and known as the most beautiful beach in Thua Thien Hue province. Lang Co is blessed by mother nature with green tropical forest, fine white sand and clear blue water, it is the 3rd beach bay of Vietnam (after Nha Trang and Ha Long Bay) listed in the 30 most beautiful bays in the world attracting more and more domestic tourists as well as tourists from all over the world. Being at Lang Co beach, you can immerse yourself in fresh air, peaceful atmosphere and beautiful landscapes as well as enjoy delicious fresh seafood in some local restaurants, this make a perfect rest stop on summer days.
Coming to Hue City, you can choose your favorite places to visit but we would like to recommend you three most popular places that are: The Citadel, Thien Mu Pagoda and Khai Dinh Tomb.
The Hue Citadel is one of the most well-known destinations in Hue and was recognized by UNESCO as the World Cultural Heritage. The whole palace complex consists of three parts: The first part is Citadel which was built from 1805 to 1832, through time and war, it still maintains original nearly 140 small and large constructions. The Citadel was built for defensive purposes. The second part is Imperial City, the most important part of the citadel, built from 1804 to 1833 under Minh Mang King’s reign, Imperial City includes more than 100 architectural works for royal palaces and shrines and it was for the worship and ceremony purpose. The last part is Purple Forbidden City, built in early 1803 under Gia Long King’s reign. The Purple Forbidden City was served for the King and the royal family. The Citadel is one of the symbols of Hue city and a must visit place for anyone coming to Hue.
THIEN MU PAGODA
The second place to visit on the Hue city tour is Thien Mu Pagoda. According to a legend, Lord Nguyen Hoang dreamt about a lady who said that the Lord would come and build this pagoda for prosperity of the country, believing in the Lady’s words, Lord Nguyen Hoang ordered to build this pagoda and named it Thien Mu pagoda which means “Heaven Lady”. Located on Ha Khe Hill, 5km away from the city, Thien Mu Pagoda is the most fascinating and ancient pagoda considered as one of the symbols of Hue City. The iconic of Thien Mu Pagoda is Phuoc Duyen tower with 27m height and seven floors, beside the tower is Dai Hong Chung bell with 2,052 kg and a tortoise with inscribed steel. The pagoda also displays the car of the monk Thich Quang Duc who burnt himself to fight against the regime’s violation and religious freedom. Even though the Pagoda becomes more popular and attracts a lot of tourists every day but you still feel the tranquility and inner peace when coming here.
KHAI DINH TOMB
The last spot we want to recommend you is Khai Dinh Tomb. It is located on the top of the Chau E mountain, 10km of Hue. Different from the traditional architecture, Khai Dinh tomb was built with modern materials such as steel and reinforced concrete under the Western influences. The tomb is accessible by climbing 127 steps which are bounded by dragon banisters. Getting upstairs, you can see the house of epitaph, and many statues of mandarins, horses, soldiers… at the courtyard. Surroundings around the tomb were relative to the geographical feng shui elements, creating majestic and breathtaking natural scenery. Unlike other tombs bringing atmosphere close to nature, Khai Dinh King was more interested in the beautiful of modern Western culture. The architecture of the tomb reflects a perfect combination of European and Asian culture, between classic and modern features that will bring you a strong impression.
After a long trip around beautiful Hue City, discovering some famous spots and learn more about Hue’s history and culture, you will be driven back to Hoi An Ancient Town, our drivers will drop you off at our hotel and finish the tour.
- Please choose your departure time in your booking request we recommend you should depart around 07:30AM and back to Hoi An around 07:00PM
- Please send us the request if you would like to book Tour Guide or Private Tour
- Please feel free contact us if you have any question
SEDAN (4 seats)
SUV (7 seats)
VAN (16 seats)
- New and modern cars
- Professional driver (English& Korea speaking, careful and friendly).
- Free Wifi on car
- Petrol, road tolls, parking fees.
- Mineral Water, refreshing tissue.
- Entrance fees and personal fees.
- Please choose your favourite itinerary on our website, submit the booking with the your full request information in our booking form. After receiving your booking information, our sale team will contact you within 24 hours. If you don’t receive any update from us, your booking/email maybe arrive in Spam Folder, please resend your booking to our email email@example.com /firstname.lastname@example.org or send the message (Imessage/Whatsapp/Viber/Line) to +84984859723(Ms.Tam), we will check and support you as soon as possible.
- As soon as receiving you booking confirmation, we will send you the invoice confirmation so that you can easier control your trip.
We are flexible for your payment with 2 options below:
- Option 1: Pay at BNT Travel Office by Visa/Master Card (the fee 3%) or pay at the driver at the end of each trip by Cash in USD/VND. The rate will be 23,000VND/1USD
- Option 2: Pay in advanced by Visa/Master Card online, we will send you the link for payment in your booking confirmation details.
- Actually, the driver just can basic speak English. If you have more difficult question or more requirement for the history of each place, he maybe unable to answer. Because he is just the driver not English tour guide so his English is limited. Besides, the number of good English drivers is limited, you should confirm your booking and book in advanced early to make sure we can easier hold on the good driver for your trip.
- We suggest you should book the English Tour Guide with the extra fee if you would like to know more about the details of each places during your trip
This is the private car so there will be only your team, not sharing with other travelers, you can join with your friends in our car to saving your budget. Normally, the maximum of 4 seats car is 3pax & luggage, the 7 seats car is maximum 5pax & small luggage, the 16 seats car is maximum 12pax & luggage.
Most of our cars are new with strong air conditioner, year from 2016 – 2019
Our cars are:
- 4 seats: Honda City, Kia Cerato, Toyota Vios, Mazda 3
- 7 seats: Mitsubishi Pajero Sport, Toyota Fortuner, Mitsubishi Xpander
- 16 seats: Ford Transit, Mercedes Benz Sprinter, Toyota Hiace
- For private car, all the price will be for per car not per person
- The price will be excluded entrance ticket, you can pay by yourself or our driver will help you buy it.
- The driver will wait for you at Arrival Gate with welcome sign included your name attached, you can see him there when you finish getting your luggage with domestic flights & document stamped for international flight. Please update us your correct flight number details so we will easier check your flight situation in case it’s delayed.
- Please save our hotline/local phone +84984859723(Ms. Tam) in case you can’t find the driver or need any urgent support at Airport, we will support you as soon as possible.
- We are happy for you to cancel private car booking at least 2 days before your departure date. If you cancel your booking in the last minutes, it’s really hard for us to rearrange everything for our car because we hold on everything for your booking.
- If you cancel your booking on the day you go, please pay for us total your booking.