Chan May Port is located centrally between many World Heritage Sites like: Hue Citadel, Hoi An Ancient Town, My Son Sanctuary that would be an advantage to develop tourism here. Away from Hue city about 1 hour drive, you can go for sightseeing the city in many ways but traveling by the private car is the best option as you can be flexible about time that suits you.
In the morning, when the Ship was docked at Chan May Port, our driver will pick you up from Chan May Port to depart to Hue City and explore Hue City with 4 destinations.
For the convenience, we recommend you to visit the Nguyen King Tombs in the morning to avoid the crowd of tour groups. The first Tomb to visit is Khai Dinh Tomb. The tomb was built in 1920 and finished in 1931, this is the tomb of Khai Dinh King, one of the 12th King of the Nguyen Dynasty. Unlike any other tombs of the Nguyen Dynasty which were close to nature with typical Vietnamese ancient architecture, Khai Dinh Tomb was built by cement and steel with Western influence. The tomb is accessible by climbing 127 steps which are bounded by dragon banisters. Getting upstairs, you can see the house of epitaph, and many statues of mandarins, horses, soldiers… at the courtyard. Surroundings around the tomb were relative to the geographical feng shui elements, creating majestic and breathtaking natural scenery.
The trip continues heading to Minh Mang Tomb, the tomb of second ruler of the Nguyen Dynasty. It is located in An Bang Village, about 12km from the city center. The tomb consists of 40 constructions: palaces, temples, pavilions, etc and is considered as the perfect picture of natural and architecture. The structure is built in symmetrical central axis called Than Dao and runs through Moon Lake – a beautiful lake which is full of lotus and crossed by a stone bridge. The main entrance is Dai Hong Gate which includes three doors: one central door and two side doors but to access the imperial tomb, you can use the side doors. Walking through Dai Hong Gate, you will get to the central courtyard, the yard is decorated by stone statues presenting for mandarins, soldiers and elephants. From the central courtyard, there is a staircase leading to Pavilion of steles where inscribed with the King’s biography and merits written by his son. It is true to say that Minh Mang King is a perfect combination between man-made and natural beauty of Hue, where architecture fits harmoniously into the surrounding landscape.
After visiting Minh Mang Tomb, you will have a lunch break in the local restaurant in the city and enjoy many different typical specialties of Hue.
The trip continues to Hue Citadel after lunch break. The Hue Citadel was built up by Nguyen Dynasty from 1805 – 1945 is one of the most well known destinations in Hue and was recognized by UNESCO as the World Cultural Heritage. The Citadel is surrounded by a 2 km wall , and built for defensive purpose. Inside the Citadel is Imperial City including temples, palaces, pavilions, etc… used for worship and ceremony purpose. Inside the Imperial City is Forbidden Purple City which was only used for Emperor and his family. Nowadays, many constructions of the Citadel get damages though war and time but the reconstruction efforts are still in progress to maintain it as a national historic relic and a tourist attraction.
Another popular tourist destination in Hue that you must visit is Thien Mu Pagoda. Hue is a land of Buddhism, therefore there are many pagodas, but Thien Mu Pagoda is the most fascinating and ancient pagodas going along with the history of Hue City. Thien Mu pagoda was built in 1525 – 1613 by Lord Nguyen Hoang, according to a legend, Lord Nguyen Hoang dreamt about a lady who said that the Lord would come and build this pagoda for prosperity of the country, believing in the Lady’s words, Lord Nguyen Hoang ordered to build this pagoda in Kim Long and named it Thien Mu pagoda which means “Heaven Lady”. The iconic of Thien Mu Pagoda is Phuoc Duyen tower with 27m height and seven floors, beside the tower is Dai Hong Chung bell with 2,052 kg and a tortoise with inscribed steles. The pagoda also displays the car of the monk Thich Quang Duc who burnt himself to against the regime’s violation and religious freedom. Even though the Pagoda becomes more popular and attracts a lot of tourists every day but coming here you still feel the tranquility and inner peace as well as enjoy the beautiful sunset after visiting around that gives you unforgettable memories.
After a long day trip around Hue city, our private car will take you back to Chan May port and the trip finishes! Our driver will arrange the time to drop you off at Chan May Port on time!
- According to Chan May Port Management, if we pick you up inside the Port, we have to get the permission of the Port Manager. The fee for picking you up inside the Port is 23$/per person. Please send us your passport & visa scan so we will prepare the document for you in 1 week before your departure time.
- In case you would like to pick up outside the Gate(walking around 500m), the driver/guide will wait for you at the entrance of the Port. Please update us your Ship Name/Arrival Time/Leaving Time
- Please feel free contact us for other information
- These price for private car & professional driver, if you would like to know the price of private tour please send us the require
SEDAN (4 seats)
SUV (7 seats)
VAN (16 seats)
- New and modern cars
- Professional driver (English& Korea speaking, careful and friendly).
- Free Wifi on car
- Petrol, road tolls, parking fees.
- Mineral Water, refreshing tissue.
- English Guide.
- Entrance fees and personal fees
- Please choose your favourite itinerary on our website, submit the booking with the your full request information in our booking form. After receiving your booking information, our sale team will contact you within 24 hours. If you don’t receive any update from us, your booking/email maybe arrive in Spam Folder, please resend your booking to our email firstname.lastname@example.org /email@example.com or send the message (Imessage/Whatsapp/Viber/Line) to +84984859723(Ms.Tam), we will check and support you as soon as possible.
- As soon as receiving you booking confirmation, we will send you the invoice confirmation so that you can easier control your trip.
We are flexible for your payment with 2 options below:
- Option 1: Pay at BNT Travel Office by Visa/Master Card (the fee 3%) or pay at the driver at the end of each trip by Cash in USD/VND. The rate will be 23,000VND/1USD
- Option 2: Pay in advanced by Visa/Master Card online, we will send you the link for payment in your booking confirmation details.
- Actually, the driver just can basic speak English. If you have more difficult question or more requirement for the history of each place, he maybe unable to answer. Because he is just the driver not English tour guide so his English is limited. Besides, the number of good English drivers is limited, you should confirm your booking and book in advanced early to make sure we can easier hold on the good driver for your trip.
- We suggest you should book the English Tour Guide with the extra fee if you would like to know more about the details of each places during your trip
This is the private car so there will be only your team, not sharing with other travelers, you can join with your friends in our car to saving your budget. Normally, the maximum of 4 seats car is 3pax & luggage, the 7 seats car is maximum 5pax & small luggage, the 16 seats car is maximum 12pax & luggage.
Most of our cars are new with strong air conditioner, year from 2016 – 2019
Our cars are:
- 4 seats: Honda City, Kia Cerato, Toyota Vios, Mazda 3
- 7 seats: Mitsubishi Pajero Sport, Toyota Fortuner, Mitsubishi Xpander
- 16 seats: Ford Transit, Mercedes Benz Sprinter, Toyota Hiace
- For private car, all the price will be for per car not per person
- The price will be excluded entrance ticket, you can pay by yourself or our driver will help you buy it.
- The driver will wait for you at Arrival Gate with welcome sign included your name attached, you can see him there when you finish getting your luggage with domestic flights & document stamped for international flight. Please update us your correct flight number details so we will easier check your flight situation in case it’s delayed.
- Please save our hotline/local phone +84984859723(Ms. Tam) in case you can’t find the driver or need any urgent support at Airport, we will support you as soon as possible.
- We are happy for you to cancel private car booking at least 2 days before your departure date. If you cancel your booking in the last minutes, it’s really hard for us to rearrange everything for our car because we hold on everything for your booking.
- If you cancel your booking on the day you go, please pay for us total your booking.