Enjoy a scenic speedboat day trip to discover the tangle of rivers and vast paddies fields on our cultural Mekong Delta tour. Departing by boat from Ho Chi Minh City, you will explore areas of the Mekong Delta that few other tourists get to experience.
You’ll experience the old-world river life of the Mekong Delta, and enjoy a lesser-seen glimpse into rural Vietnam as it trundles along a slow tempo, as it has done for centuries. Key cultural stops include a Cao Dai Temple, a riverside market, and a pagoda, as well as evocative farmlands.
- 8:00am: The guide will meet you at the lobby of your hotel and bring you by car to your boat at Ho Chi Minh City city.
- 8:15am: The boat departs and you slip away from downtown Saigon via narrow canals, and enter the verdant green tributaries of the Mekong Delta. A light breakfast is served on board.
- 9:00am: Visit Can Giuoc riverside market full of local curiosities, tropical fruits and all manner of fish and shellfish.
- 10:00am: Enjoy a brief stop at the Pagoda, while your guide explains the importance of Buddhism to many people of the Delta.
- 10:30am: Reach the idyllic watery expanses of the Delta itself, known as the Delta of Nine Dragons for the 9 tributaries that splinter from the main Mekong River.
- 12:00pm: Visit a brick atelier to see how locals still use traditional technologies to make bricks.
- 12:30pm: Take a ride on “xe loi”, a traditional transport used in the villages of the Mekong Delta.
- 1:00pm: Have a delicious lunch at a local riverside restaurant.
- 2:00pm: Continue your xe loi ride and visit a weaving workshop. Board a boat and go through small canals to reach a coconut candy workshop.
- 3:00pm: Arrive to the boutique hotel The Island Lodge. Relax by the river, chill at the pool or take a bike ride on the peaceful alleys of the Unicorn Island full of shady fruit trees. If the Island Lodge hotel is fully booked, we offer the guests to stay at the same-range Mekong Riverside boutique hotel.
In the evening have a delicious dinner specially cooked for you by a French chef of the Island Lodge or enjoy a traditional dinner prepared with the products from the organic garden and the fish farm of Mekong Riverside boutique hotel.
- 9:00am: Have breakfast at the hotel and depart the hotel to continue exploring the Delta.
- 9:45am: Visit Cai Be floating market to see how locals run their trading business on the river.
- 11:15am: Enjoy a rowboat trip along small canals of the Delta surrounded by thousands of coconut palms.
- 1:00pm: Visit a fish farm to see how the fish is raised in the Mekong Delta
- 1:30pm: Stop at a floating restaurant to have a delicious Vietnamese lunch.
- 2:30pm: Return to the speedboat and depart for Ho Chi Minh City.
Unlimited refreshments and local fruit
Pick-up and drop off at central located hotels.
- Personal fees
Book Your Tours
Our destination experts can help create your holiday beyond the tourist trails, introduce you to the people, places and sights that make a destination unique.Please feel free to send yourinquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org