My Tho is located about seventy kilometres out of Ho Chi Minh City. It is an amiable market town that nestles on the north bank of the Mekong River’s northernmost strand, the Tien Giang, or Upper River. Ben Tre is a coastal province in the Mekong Delta of southern Vietnam, connected by a bridge to the busy market town of Mỹ Tho. Coming to Ben Tre, you will be immersed in a green land with coconut trees, rice fields, fruits gardens, rivers and canals.
For those who want to visit My Tho and Ben Tre in one day, Mekong delta tour 1 day (My tho – Ben Tre) is the best choice. This trip provides a fascinating insight into daily life in the Mekong Delta and you are guaranteed to take home your own private collection of beautiful memories.
Ho Chi Minh - My Tho - Ben Tre - Ho Chi Minh
- The bus will pick you up at the meeting point and start Mekong delta tour to visit My Tho and Ben Tre. Along the way, we can enjoy the beautiful scene of green rice fields, see the peaceful Vam Co Dong river and the busy Long An town
- When we arrive at My Tho, we will visit Vinh Trang pagoda – a national historical and cultural relic. It is the greatest pagoda of Tien Giang Province, surrounded by gardens of ornamental trees, ancient trees and bonsai, creating a peaceful atmosphere. The architecture of Vinh Trang Pagoda is a harmonious combination of Asian and European types of architecture.
- After Vinh Trang, we will take a leisurely boat ride along the river, view the stilt houses, fruit plantations and fishing villages along the river bank.
- The boat will proceed to Tortoise islet – a beautiful natural spot, ideal for a short trek through some winding trails. We have lunch in the orchard garden.
- Then, we continue to take a boat ride to An Khanh – a less touristy attraction in Ben Tre. Here, we will experience cruising on a hand-rowed sampan under the shadow of the water coconut trees along natural canals. And we also enjoy seasonal fruit and honey tea and listen to the sound of Southern Vietnamese folk music performed by locals.
- The next place we will visit is a family business which epitomizes the idyllic rural lifestyle. Here, we will have the chance to taste the delicious coconut candy, observe the pastoral life as you wander through the fruit plantation and village.
- We will meet the bus and return to Ho Chi Minh city.
- Finish a day tour with sweet memories and fun.
English speaking tour guide
One normal lunch with local specialty, fruit and honey tea
Pure water (1 bottle/pax/day)
*Better lunch at local restaurant – in Ben Tre : 120.000 / pax, 140.000 / pax (only 1 pax extra surcharge 20.000)
*Extra services: ( can be arranged on request)